If you’re looking for Janet La Valley from the 1990s Boston band Tribe, you’ve found her. Today I’m a New York City-based singer, artist, and writer. Here’s a few details on what’s been going on since my Boston/Tribe days:
- I was a founding member of Tribe, the influential Boston-based 1990s alternative rock band.
- After Tribe disbanded in 1994, I started a new solo band, moved to New York City, and was signed to Columbia/Sony Music, but alas, my record was never released. In the 1990s there was just one way to make it: the record company. I didn’t make it. You can hear some of those unreleased songs on this website in the Music section.
- I’m still singing and performing, but not professionally. I’m working on a few projects, the results of which I plan on posting here when they are completed.
- I’ve been making art for the last several years–primarily multimedia collage, which you can check out in my Art section.
- There’s some stuff on this site from the previous version of janetlavalley.com (thank you, Steve Latham!), and lots of new stuff, including previously unreleased solo recordings, photos, memorabilia, and lots of my artwork.
- If you want to see original Janet La Valley fan website–which has TONS of Janet La Valley stuff and links to TONS of Tribe stuff on it, go to: janetlavalley.stevelatham.net. The site is still manned by Steve Latham–a great rock photographer and dedicated Boston Music fan. CHECK IT OUT!
- If you want to see the Tribe fan website, also created by Steve Latham, go to: tribe.stevelatham.net
- This site is about my solo career, the art I’ve been creating, and other shenanigans I’ve been up to. This website is manned by me, and I check it regularly, so send me an email! New stuff is uploaded periodically, and I hope/plan to open a shop where you can buy my art, should you be so inclined.